QUICK GUIDE : CALL FOR SPEAKERS : AGILE ON THE BEACH 2018
Welcome to our Call for Speakers 2018, we welcome all to submit to speak at our conference.
Please find below summary, and links to full information on how to submit your sessions and our selection process, speaker package and schedule. Please do read the information provided in full before submitting your session.
12 & 13 July 2018, Falmouth Cornwall, UK
Submissions open: 20th November 2017 Submission deadline: 20th December 2017
• Themes – Agile on the Beach is an annual agile conference held in Cornwall UK. The conference hosts sessions and workshops that provide insights into approaches and experiences of adopting agile across key themes: Software Delivery, Team Working, Agile Practices, Product Design, Product Management and Business.
• Speakers – The conference welcomes all to submit to speak at Agile on the Beach and welcome sessions from across business sectors and disciplines. We welcome sessions from both technical and non-technical teams and organisations.
• Formats – We aim to achieve a mix of sessions of practical workshops, lectures, and discussions. The majority of sessions will be 45 minutes in length. We are open to new session formats, please provide details in your submission.
• Audience – Agile on the Beach attracts a diverse array of attendees in a variety of technical and non-technical roles. Please include information in your synopsis that will help our delegates decide if your session is suitable to their role and level of experience.
• Submission – To make a submission you will need to submit your session details and speaker details using the online form. Your session details should include an overview of what your session will include, who the session is suitable for and key outcomes for those attending. All submissions should be made using the online form available with the full Submission Guide.
We receive over 300 submissions to speak each year for just 30-40 sessions, the level of quality is outstanding. Please do ensure your submission is complete and that your session is clearly related to agile working and the track theme selected.
• Submission review process – Following the close of submissions, the review team will vote on and discuss submissions to select the line up for the conference. You will be notified by the 1st March if you have been selected. Further details of our selection process are available in our full submission guide.
• Speakers package – The organizers are pleased to offer speakers free entry to the conference and social events, accommodation on campus and a travel expenses allowance (limited). Please see the full guide to our Call for Speakers for details.
• Code of Conduct – In 2014 we introduced a conference code of conduct to help us ensure that Agile on the Beach is a comfortable, enjoyable and safe conference for all. Our code can be read here
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SUBMIT TO SPEAK AT AGILE ON THE BEACH 2018, PLEASE READ OUR FULL CALL FOR SPEAKERS INFORMATION.