Book onto our new Java Training Programme and gain valuable experience working with industry experts!
When is it?
18th – 21st August 2015, 9:30am – 4:30pm.
Where is it?
Cornwall College Camborne, Opie Building, Room E105.
How much does it cost?
The 4 day programme will cost £500.
Who is teaching the programme?
Steve Jones is one of our UK experts in programming and with his many years’ experience as a trainer, and his skill/knowledge of the subject, he is able to steer the learning to suit your needs.
What will I learn?
This programme covers the advanced concepts of the Java programming language and its use to implement, refine and test computer programs in a professional working environment.
You will learn how to implement a software design using object oriented programming by performing the following tasks:
- Identify the objects and data and file structures required to implement a given design
- Select, declare and initialise variable and data structure types and sizes to implement design requirements
- Define relationships between objects to implement design requirements
- Implement message passing between objects to implement design requirements
- Implement object behaviours using control structures to meet the design algorithms
- Select and declare file structures to meet design file storage requirements
- Select and use standard input/output commands to implement design requirements
- Make effective use of operators and predefined functions
- Make effective use of an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) including code and screen templates.
We will cover how to refine an object oriented program to improve quality through the following actions:
- Using an agreed standard for naming, comments and code layout
- Making effective use of encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance
- Implementing data validation for inputs
- Identifying and implement opportunities for error handling and reporting.
Testing is a fundamental part of software development, so you will learn how to test the operation of an object oriented driven program by:
- Making effective use of the debugging facilities available in the IDE
- Preparing a test strategy
- Selecting suitable test data and determine expected test results
- Recording actual test results to enable comparison with expected results
- Analysing actual test results against expected results to identify discrepancies
- Investigating test discrepancies to identify and rectify their causes.
You’ll also learn how to document an object oriented driven program professionally by:
- Creating on-screen help to assist the users of a computer program
- Creating documentation for the support and maintenance of a computer program.
Book your place now!
You can book by getting in touch on 0800 731 7594 or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more information at: Cornwall College Website – IT Programming Courses