Software Cornwall is a not-for-profit membership organisation supporting tech, software and digital businesses in Cornwall.
Membership fees are based on company size, and once you are registered as a member, you have access to ALL of our services. These include:
Access All Areas
- On sign up, you’ll receive a username and password for the Software Cornwall website.
- This allows you to post news items, jobs and events and gives you access to our CV Library to search potential local candidates for your roles.
- There is no limit to the number of jobs you can post.
- Create your business profile on our Members Directory. Here, you can tell the world what your company does and how to find you. This is often used by companies searching for a solutions provider so is a great place to showcase your work and can be a lead generator for businesses.
- We regularly share jobs, news and events that are on our website with our followers on social media and also within our newsletters (1000+ subscribers).
Join the community on Slack
- We’ll whitelist your company domain name on the Software Cornwall Members Slack Workspace. This means that anyone with your company email address will be able to join the community and engage with other members if they want to.
- There are 400+ active Software Cornwall members in our Slack Workspace at the moment and anyone in your company is welcome to join – we encourage participation!
- In our workspace, you’ll find channels announcing events, jobs and news that come straight from our website as well as specific channels for other interesting topics such as education, introductions, funding, women in tech and continuous delivery. You can even start a channel around a specific topic to start a conversation.
- The Software Cornwall team are all on Slack so you can quickly reach out to us here directly if you need us. You can also directly message other members of the Software Cornwall community.
- Whenever an opportunity or enquiry comes into Software Cornwall such as a company seeking a solutions provider, we’ll post it into the ‘General’ Slack channel, so it’s also a great place to pick up leads or seek support for your own project.
- Your Software Cornwall membership gives you and your team unlimited access to events hosted by us.
- We run quarterly Tech Connect events, which are a great way to meet other members and get inspired by the tech community.
- No two events are the same and we often reach out to members to participate in upcoming events.
- Our Events Page also showcases other things happening in the tech, digital and software community around Cornwall so be sure to check them out.
Programmes, Training & Funding
- Business Clusters – a.k.a. Gateway to Tech: We’re pairing candidates who are looking to career-switch into a tech role with companies who are able to offer (part-funded) placements. We provide them with training where the subject is steered by you, to help them get a jumpstart on their first role in tech. This is a new and innovative programme that we hope will help companies grow their teams and provide career development for individuals in Cornwall – something we’re very passionate about.
- Employer Led Skills Training: Do you have a team of people in your company who you’d like to train in a particular subject? This could be a programming language or project methodology such as Agile. If so, we might be able to help. We can part-fund training programmes for Cornish companies to help their teams develop. We have 3 part-funded courses taking place in June and July including ‘Being a Leader in an Agile Organisation’, ‘Agile Marketing’ and ‘Being an Effective SCRUM Master’. Talk to us about your training needs and we’ll see what we can do to help.
- We work with schools and colleges across Cornwall to inspire and motivate a new generation of tech talent. You can help us in nurturing the right skills and knowledge for your business. We’re always looking for volunteers within the tech community to help us deliver our Mission to Mars work experience programmes and TechJam events, helping young people in Cornwall get a taste of programming and what it’s like to work in tech. We don’t get paid to do our work with schools and colleges so membership fees also go a long way to supporting the work we do here.
- Software Cornwall is here to raise the profile of the tech and software industry with Cornwall. As such, we work with partners including Tech South West, Tech Nation, the UK Tech Cluster Group and the South West Cyber Security Cluster to share what’s happening within Cornwall and help our members take advantage of other opportunities that are available to them inside and outside of Cornwall. We can also use these channels to share the challenges our members are facing to help gain support from central organisations and the Government.
- Software Cornwall partner with multiple organisations within Cornwall such as Unlocking Potential, Cornwall Marine Network, TECGirls, Falmouth Launchpad and others and we aim to provide our members with access to information on the opportunities available to them via our website, newsletter, Slack workspace and of course, face to face!
- If you would like to give your business a boost across our network, we also offer additional sponsorship packages to give you visibility at events and across our networks to our different audiences.
What does it cost?
We have developed a new membership model that we think works well for every business and individual in CIoS, no matter what stage you’re at in your business journey. Our membership fees are based on company size and are paid annually.
We’re confident you’ll make back your membership fee and more, by taking advantage of discounts, training offers, recruitment support and all the other benefits of Software Cornwall membership.
Make the most of your membership: Monthly Events
Every month, we host an online ‘Make the most of your membership’ event, helping you and your team maximise your membership benefits and access the services available to you. Head over to Eventbrite to see what we’ll cover and book your place at our next event.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES – BY COMPANY SIZE OR TEAM SIZE
*All fees are subject to VAT @ 20%.
** Talk to us about our special packages for sponsors. (You can be both a member and a sponsor.)