Software, Tech and Digital in Cornwall is changing – and so are we. We’d love you to join us.
It’s an exciting time for the Software, Tech and Digital sectors in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly (CIoS).
These are the fastest growing sectors in the county by far, with 250% growth since 2010. CIoS has become a centre for technical innovation in medical, agriculture, marine, and space technology, as well as becoming a hub for digital games and more. And there’s huge potential to grow further.
Software Cornwall (SWC) has been supporting this growth since 2015 with events, jobs board, educational outreach, training and more – and as the sector evolves, Software Cornwall is evolving and growing with it.
Based on an analysis of ONS data, the Software, Tech and Digital sectors in Cornwall are approximately only half the relative size of the rest of England.
Software Cornwall’s mission is to work with all businesses and organisations locally, regionally and nationally to “level up” that proportion to provide the local economy with a significant boost over the next 5 to 10 years.
Join Software Cornwall and be part of the CIoS success story
With this mission in mind we’d love you to join us to support the future growth of the Software, Tech and Digital sectors in CIoS.
You’ll gain a raft of benefits, including discounts, skills training, increased visibility and help with hiring plus building the pipeline of people for the future.
More than that, we’ll help promote your business, your innovations and your expertise to a wider audience. We’ll help you get noticed by the media, investors and potential new employees. And we’ll connect you with the right people within CIoS and beyond to take your work to new levels.
As a sector, we’re stronger when we’re together. Become a Software Cornwall member today and be part of the wider CIoS success story.
What do I get from my Software Cornwall (SWC) membership?
Our membership benefits are expanding all the time, but here are some of the key things you can look forward to as a Software Cornwall member:
The Software Cornwall Hub
The hub is the core of SWC and is comprised of three key elements:
- Our Team: We have a great team here at SWC who are here to keep you informed, run events for you and look after your best interests in your journey whether you are a small startup, a well established business or someone looking for a job or wanting to change career into our sector.
- Our Website: This will be the place to go to to find out what is going on, how to join, membership benefits, jobs board and more. It is virtual space for you to connect with other members and learn about and access all our programmes. We have started a programme to constantly improve our website to meet our member’s needs.
- Our Space: In early 2021 we will be taking office space in the soon to be opened Fibre Hub on the Cornwall College Campus in what was the Opie Building. The Fibre Hub will have hot desking space, meeting rooms for hire, space for events and a cafeteria where you can pop in to meet other like minded people and, of course, meet our team.
People Development Programme
We have been building a pipeline of talent to support the growth and innovation across the Software, Tech and Digital sectors in the county for a number of years now and this programme is going to grow significantly in the months and years ahead thanks to support from EU funding. As a member, you’ll benefit from access to the following key areas:
- Educational outreach: We work with schools and colleges across Cornwall to inspire and motivate a new generation of tech talent. You can help us in nurturing the right skills and knowledge for your business.
- Jobs and hiring: Find your next star engineer, tester, marketeer or salesperson. Our updated jobs board and recruitment support will help you find and hire new talent – or land yourself a rewarding new role. Standard job posts are FREE for your first 12 months of membership.
- Software Cornwall Academy: This will consist of two main arms:
- Up-skilling. This provides specialist training courses for existing employers and employees to improve and grow their skills in both technical subjects and the “softer” skills required in today’s work environment.
- Re-skilling for a job in the tech sector. This will focus on those wishing to change career or sector by providing suitable skills programmes to deliver “work ready” candidates to our members.
The B2B Exchange
Coming in early 2021 we will be launching an enhanced area of our website to promote your products, services, skills, capabilities and expertise. As a Software Cornwall member, you can use the B2B Exchange to find new customers, partners and suppliers – in CIoS and beyond.
What does it cost?
We have developed a new membership model that we think works well for every business and individual in CIoS, no matter what stage you’re at in your business journey.
We’re confident you’ll make back your membership fee and more, by taking advantage of discounts, training offers, recruitment support and all the other benefits of Software Cornwall membership.
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEES – BY COMPANY SIZE OR TEAM SIZE
|InTouch Membership||Full Membership|
Get regular emails and newsletters to stay up to date with what Software Cornwall is doing.
You get access to all Software Cornwall benefits and services within your fee. There are some enhanced services that we offer that we need to charge for over and above the membership fee and all members will get discounts for these – full details on our website.
* Talk to us about our special packages for sponsors. (You can be both a member and a sponsor.)
Sounds great – how do I join?