At xigxag, we are launching the first-ever freemium digital reading app. We are disrupting the £30B global ebook/audiobook market backed by a catalogue of over 20,000 titles from the world’s largest publishers.
- solve price and experience problems for consumers
- democratise access to audiobooks
- attract new, more diverse audiences for publishers
- enable everyone to enjoy more books!
We are seeking a full stack engineer to help us launch and grow our innovative digital listening and reading platform.
You will report to the CTO co-founder and will be the first hire to join the two co-founders. It’s a critically important role and will be very high profile – with exposure to the CEO and potential investors. We are seeking someone experienced, yet willing to learn and develop, working for an incredibly talented and experienced technology lead and thought partner.
You will take charge of:
- the build out of our non-customer focussed tooling
- enhancing and integrating new management and reporting tools
- the creation of a Media Management application supporting customers, content, performance and monetisation
- work with the CTO to develop the architecture and design across the platform
- have the opportunity to experiment with new frameworks and approaches
- help and support a young company with high growth ambitions
We are looking for adventurous individuals who love to learn. Your experience in specific disciplines is less important to us than your ability to learn fast and creatively apply what you know.
You say “I need to figure out how to do that” rather than “that isn’t possible”. You know how to look things up but you also know when it’s better to talk. You believe happy customers make better customers. You think design is fine but reliability is better. You would rather deliver nothing than deliver a bunch of broken things. You have an open mind; you love to have your ideas challenged but you really love to have them adopted.
Familiar with many, but strong in at least one of:
- Google – Firebase/App Engine/Cloud Compute
- Database design
- Media and streaming (ffmpeg, hls)
- Encryption techniques
Sound like you? We’d love to chat!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.