Website Tom Raffield
You’ll be experienced in Supply Chain and Procurement Management able to lead on all procurement activities including sales administration, procurement and buying functions for full product planning and delivery. You’ll establish control of all stock, products and purchasing to ensure all elements are managed sustainably, effectively and accurately to enable timely production and best value for money in order to ensure continued commercial success for Tom Raffield Ltd.
You will support the business in reaching its full potential becoming a household name both in the design industry and as part of successful business landscape of Cornwall.
Your role in a nutshell
You will lead on all purchasing, inventory control including stock management and supply chain. Working closely with our Head of Operations and Director you will continue to manage and develop relationships, the flow of goods and services including refining internal processes to ensure delivery of final product allowing for efficient and economical success.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Fulfilling the requirements for all company purchasing needs across main workshop, logistics, bespoke, design, engineering, and office departments
- Ascertaining the needs for weekly purchase runs from all production departments
- Carrying out supplier returns where necessary
- Sourcing and purchasing for new product development
- Obtaining custom quotes and placing orders for bespoke products and projects.
- Manage activities related to strategic purchasing, raw material requirements, planning and inventory control, warehousing, or receiving, to achieve production targets in accordance with Tom Raffield Ltd brand values. To include; managing and maintaining and high level of stock on hand accuracy of all parts. Control and constant review of Kanban re-order system on all parts. Forecast and order on all long lead parts to maintain workable stock levels.
- Negotiate and manage prices and terms with suppliers including developing cost lists.
- Create, implement, and maintain Service Level Agreements with all major suppliers.
- Review, implement and streamline supply chain practices & processes in accordance with the Tom Raffield Ltd brand values
- Work closely with the Design, Sales and Marketing teams to introduce the best suppliers at the earliest opportunity
- Monitor supplier performance to assess and ensure sustainable and transparent values
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers in line with the Tom Raffield Ltd brand values
- Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies including life cycle analysis
- Liaise with buyers and planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products
- Understand the environmental and sustainable impact sourcing has on our products and markets and develop initiatives where and when appropriate
- Coordinating financial agreements in line with internal policies and review on a regular basis
- Cross team liaison – contributing towards communication between departments and managers in design, production, logistics, sales and procurement are ongoing and utilised to maintain an environment of efficiency and continuous improvement
- Reporting on supply chain issues and figures to Head of Operations and Directors
- Ensuring all staffing resources are available for maximum efficiency
- Review or implement supply chain practices & processes in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- qualified to NVQ Level 5 in Buying or similar, or proven and demonstrable experience in buying, with ability to evidence.
- Have commercial experience in understanding efficiencies and economics of supply chain
- Have financial acumen in order to manage supply chain within a manufacturing environment
- Be able to handle a varied range of relationships whilst being able to influence and negotiate when necessary in order to stabilise and ensure the success of the supply chain department
- Be flexible and adaptable when busy times affect the day to day responsibilities of the role;
- Be a confident person with a professional but personable character
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and other stock management systems
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail
- Can work with autonomy and as part of a multi-team
- Excel at time management and prioritise workload under pressure in order to respond to business needs
- Can work as part of a small but fast-growing team
- Be hardworking, committed and interested in the challenge of working for an exciting young business going through rapid growth.
What’s in it for you?
- A full-time, permanent contract
- We’ll invest in you with a competitive salary, depending on your skills
- We’ll support your ongoing professional development with bespoke learning initiatives and training opportunities
- We offer career progression – as we grow, you’ll grow too!
- We support you saving for your future, so you are automatically signed up to our company pension scheme
- We give you amazing discount across our fantastic product range
- We provide healthy breakfast and snack options
- We hold regular social and team events mostly involving good food, although this is little on hold right now but we can’t wait to get our socials back!
- We offer an innovative and exciting environment to work in.
Established in 2008, Tom Raffield Ltd design and make a range of contemporary furniture and lighting that is beautiful in form and practical in function. With wholesale and individual customer bases, each Tom Raffield product is hand-made by a skilled set of craftsmen and individually finished with the care and attention of a fine piece of art. The business has built and continues to build a fantastic reputation within a luxury market.
Other Application Details
- To make an application please click APPLY and you will be redirected to an external website to complete your application.
- Salary £24,000 FTE
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unlocking-potential.co.uk.