Website Technopoly Ltd
We're looking for a great communicator to join a friendly team.
Digital Support Technician
Technopoly has been developing software for 26 years. We provide software products across a range of industries. Our main products specialize in managing Fleet & Workshops, Stock & Sales and People & Resources. All our software is designed in house and developed with the customer in mind.
During 2020 we focused on adding new modules, functions and features to our products and are poised to go through an exciting period of growth. To support us as we grow, we are looking for team member(s) to become part of the backbone of our organization, liaising between the developers and supporting the customers to help them get the best results from our products.
Technopoly are a friendly team of 14 with 6 team members based in our Newquay office and 8 team members working remotely from the North West of England. We have a fantastic working relationship between all team members and an atmosphere of positivity and openness.
The new team member(s) we are looking for will be based in our Newquay office and will be responsible for manning the support desk. A typical day will involve answering calls with customers, directing them towards the appropriate team member to help and triaging tickets on the support desk. As you gain confidence and knowledge in our products you will be able to answer level 1 and 2 queries and when we sell a product be involved in setting up the product documentation, so it matches the customers branding.
If you are familiar with Hardware and are “technical” you could get involved in updating customers with our software and installing it on their Hardware as part of our monthly update cycle. If your skill set matches a more customer facing role you may want to get involved in training. You will be involved with product testing to help familiarize yourself with new features and functions to keep your knowledge of the software up to date. This really helps with answering support queries in an informed manner.
Once you have been in post for a period of time there may be the opportunity to take responsibility for support and training across a product range or the products company wide.
We are looking for a team member with the potential to ultimately take responsibility for support and possibly training.
To enable you to do all the above there will be a period of training when you start with us where you will work alongside our current support team to gain the requisite knowledge. You will be taught how to use our two main products and how to answer generic queries that arise on tickets. We have training resources and lots of experience in how to respond in our “house style” that will be shared with you to upskill you as you gain confidence.
What will you be doing?
You will be working with our team to support customers using our software. We have an online support portal that you will use to categorize and prioritize support tickets and liaise with customers to answer their queries in a pro-active manner. Some tickets may be bugs in the software that need resolving, some may be training requests, some may be requests for development work.
You will enjoy communicating with the customer and the rest of the Technopoly team to ensure tickets are resolved as per our Service Level Agreements and will be someone who understands the importance of customer care and is happy to pick up the phone to discuss tickets with customers.
This role is a great opportunity for a someone who enjoys interacting with others and building business relationships to build a career in support and IT. We are a close team operating at our best when we work as a team, appreciating each other’s qualities and ideas, so a team player is an absolute must for us.
Now and with support and training, you will:
- Be friendly and approachable, you will understand the importance of customer care and be happy to call customers and discuss support with them.
- Be organised and able to update notes in a professional and courteous manner so the team and customer are aware of progress made in answering their queries (we call them tickets!).
- Have the ability to communicate and empathise with our customers and guide them through resolving support tickets without using “techno jargon”.
- Be a completer finisher that thrives on a job well done, getting satisfaction from the daily interaction with customers and our team, and resolving tickets in a timely manner.
- Be able to add logos and contact information to customer business documents and upload data into systems – Training will be provided on how to do this.
- Compile information from support into reports as directed.
- With full training and support, provide online and onsite product training as required.
At this stage if you can offer the below as extra, you will:
- Work with our IT Manager to offer support with resolving internal IT Hardware and software issues.
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Access, SQL, Visual Basic and other Microsoft Office and Sage products.
- Be able to install and configure PC and server operating systems and applications.
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining our computer systems and communication networks.
What we can offer you:
· A career in customer support with progression opportunities, in a growing tech SME that has an established trading history.
· A salary between £19,000 – £23,000 depending on skills
· 25 days holiday per year as well as bank holidays.
· An established friendly team.
· A great office location at Mor Workspace in Newquay with several great beaches 5 minutes away.
· A salary sacrifice bike scheme.
· Complimentary tea, coffee and fresh fruit daily.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Include qualifications, experience and why you believe you are the perfect candidate for this role.
Feel free to contact Victoria at the email address provided to arrange an informal chat if you have any questions.
Closing date Wednesday 5th May.
Note: if the role is filled the vacancy may close early as we are interviewing as we go.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.