£45-60,000 plus equity in the business
Bude, Cornwall / Remote
Good With is recruiting for a Server Application and Cloud Developer who will work at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary and agile team. As one of the founding members, you’ll work at the heart of a dynamic multidisciplinary agile team to develop a platform and infrastructure connecting a voice-enabled intelligent mobile app, financial OpenBanking data sources, state of the art intelligent analytics and real-time recommendation engine.
This is a key role as it will establish and develop the technical architecture for the Good With platform supporting current and future products and services.
Python and open source technologies are the overarching strategic choice for server-side applications and components such as proxies and databases.
The role fulfils two key responsibilities:
1. Development of server (backend) applications and databases:
- The applications will support a mobile app, providing secure user authentication, profile information, user financial data including summary overviews, analytics and recommendations.
- Core applications will synchronise data from banking and finance sources through the OpenBanking API.
- Development of secure databases of user and financial data, supporting real-time conversational interactions with mobile app users, and architected to scale with user growth.
- The applications will also support voice-enabled interaction with a mobile app, providing real-time responses from an analytics and recommendation engine.
2. Development of scalable cloud hosted infrastructure:
- Secure cloud hosted environments for the applications.
- Support for hosted firewalls, proxies, databases, backups, and API interfaces.
- Monitoring for health, performance, and security.
- Automated continuous build, test, integration and deployment of applications and data.
Who are Good With?
Good With is an exciting fintech/edtech startup with a mission to develop engaging mobile applications to educate young adults on personal finance. Using cutting edge voice technology and sophisticated real-time algorithms Good With’s applications will help our 18-24 users make savvy financial decisions and develop a robust credit score.
Our passion is to give all young people access to good financial advice, help them develop their own financial intelligence and enable their finances go further.
We are at the start of an exciting product journey and you will play a key role in developing both the products and the business.
The ambition is for the app to become a trusted financial buddy that meets the highest standards in design and experience expected by modern digitally-native consumers.
Who we’re looking for
Good With are looking for an individual who has 3+ years experience developing server applications that have been successfully adopted by users, maintained security and performance with growth in users.
Your experience will include working in an agile team, doing iterative development, continuous build, test and deployment systems, and monitoring both infrastructure health and user experience.
Your experience will include working with a security function to design and develop secure applications and infrastructure, assess and mitigate risks, and support formal security assurance processes, ideally in a financial services sector.
You will be able to demonstrate your passion for technology by, for example, contributions to open source projects, personal projects, learning different languages and frameworks, and giving talks and tutorials on server application development and cloud infrastructure.
• 3+ years Python commercial experience.
• Server application development using frameworks such as Django and Flask.
• API development, with gateways deployed using, for example, nginx
• SQL and no-SQL database design, build, maintenance and optimisation.
• Continuous build and integration tools such as Git, Jenkins.
• Infrastructure tools such as Docker and Kubernetes, or Amazon/Google equivalents.
• Writing and automating unit tests.
• Monitoring and analytics for application health, performance and user experience.
• Writing clean, readable, sustainable and reusable code.
• Troubleshooting, debugging, and optimising performance.
• Developing applications to meet accessibility standards.
• Linux operating system, and shell scripting.
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Team player
• Happy working in a fast-paced environment
• A degree in a mathematical, scientific or computing subject is very desirable.
• AWS and Google Cloud Certifications are very desirable.
• Developers with alternative relevant qualifications and applicable technology certifications are encouraged to apply.
The Good Stuff:
• 12 month contract and equity in the business
• This role is likely to become a permanent position for the right developer and a successful product
• This is a broad and challenging role, and an ideal opportunity to gain valuable experience towards senior software and cloud architect positions
• This is also a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the UK’s exciting and growing fintech and edtech sectors
Sounds like you?:
Send us your CV today: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is part funded for seven months by the England European Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.