We are looking for an experienced NODEJS developer to help develop an existing medium sized medical services web application.
The platform makes extensive use of react components and next.js for SSR of the front end and MySQL database.
All candidates must:
– Have 2+ years experience working with react based web applications
– Have 2+ years experience working with express.js node.js web framework
– Have 2+ years experience writing modern composable HTML/CSS
– Have demonstrable knowledge and experience working with MySQL (indexing, data modelling, caching)
– Conversant with test driven development
– Be able to write clean, reusable, performant and documented code to an industry standard
– Understand and be able to implement a clean GIT workflow (eg. trunk or flow)
– Be able to identify and effectively communicate issues (eg. logic, performance, security)
– Have experience with AWS.
The ideal candidate would:
– Have experience integrating with 3rd party REST/HTTP APIs (eg. stripe, twilio)
– Have experience with one or more popular CI technologies
– Have experience with docker.
– Be aware of modern web app security practices and principles
– Have experience adopting and improving a legacy codebase
The role is flexibly scheduled with 20-30 hours per week for 3 months in the first instance with a view to a potentially permanent role.`
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.