We are looking for a talented PHP developer to join our growing team based in Threemilestone, Truro, with remote working available.
This role is open to developers of all levels, whether you are just starting out in the industry or an experienced senior developer. Salary is dependent on level of experience.
We aim to be as inclusive and flexible when growing our team so welcome applications from those wanting to work part-time or flexibly on a scalable basis depending on your needs.
Requirements, Skills & Experience
Our ideal PHP developer would have:
- Preferably, 2:1 in subject-relevant degree (Computer Science, AI, Software Development, Security) OR substantial open-source/project portfolio.
- Experience in PHP using frameworks such as Laravel (with evidence of such experience).
- Contribution history on GitHub/GitLabs to the open-source community.
- Understanding of core development technologies such as GIT and Composer.
- Ideally, understanding of Microsoft Azure & Team Services.
- Desirable knowledge of Google Firebase, FireStore and Cloud Storage technologies.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, MySQL, and MS SQL.
- Understanding of industry standards and best practice.
- Excellent attention to detail.Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Willingness to learn continuously and actively grow your career.
If you are a talented developer looking to join a great team, please get in touch. We are always available for an informal chat or for applications including your cover letter, portfolio/cv.
Please note we are not accepting applications sent from agencies as we have an internal team managing applications. Due to the high number of applications received we may not be able to provide feedback individually.
Why join n-Coders?
We’re dedicated to investing in our employees, nurturing talent and giving access to ongoing development opportunities. We champion a positive work-life balance, offering flexible working hours and remote working opportunities. We offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, extending with length of service.
Our offices near Truro have free easy parking, a modern kitchen equipped with a free coffee machine and tea. We encourage individuality and creativity and don’t believe in chaining our developers to a desk forcing them to churn out work. Our main workspace is open plan allowing for easy collaboration with support only a shout away. We give our employees room to breathe and thrive in their role, with dedicated desks equipped with the latest technology and the option of remote and flexible working.
Each week we have a dedicated time where our team can work on a personal development project of their choice to fuel their passion and develop their skills without restrictions. Current ongoing projects include our very own game we are developing.
- Excellent salary with regular reviews
- 25 days holidays days bank holidays (extended with length of service)
- Flexitime and remote working opportunities
- Modern office space
- Free easy on-site parking
- Dedicated personal development time weekly
- Regular team lunches and activities
- Opportunities to train, grow and progress
Don’t just take our word for it
Hear from our team about why they enjoy working for n-Coders from our Glassdoor reviews.
“The flexibility that is offered for working hours has been fantastic and has enabled me to fit in work around family and other life commitments.”
“The friendly and relaxed atmosphere both in and out of the office will provide you with the opportunity to work in a way that is best for you, while also receiving support and advice to help you grow as a developer.”
“The Managing Director and Head of Software take staff engagement and development very seriously; people who want to learn and advance their careers have every chance to do that here.”
Think you’re the best fit for the role?
We’re looking for passionate, high calibre people across a range of disciplines that are driven to succeed. If you can demonstrate previous levels of excellence and would like to join our team then please apply.
We recruit on a rolling basis and may fill our positions early if the right candidate comes along. Please, therefore, apply as soon as possible.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.