Website Method Apps Limited
Build knowledge as you manage projects
Salary/Benefits £40k to £60k depending on experience
Hours of Work 40 hours/week (flexible within: 0800-1800hrs UK office hours)
Vacancy Type Full-time (six-month probation)
Location Initially this will be a fully remote job. Followed by one of the following options; Fully remote, Bath (UK) – office based, Cornwall (UK) – office based, Flexible remote / office based. Also to include expected travel to the Bath (UK) office once per month for two to three days for whole team meetings.
Reporting To CTO
Reporting Structures Direct to CTO
Background to Vacancy
Method Apps Limited is a young B2B SasS software company. Our solution (Method Grid) is an innovative platform that facilitates the capture of structured, repeatable “best practice” (e.g. playbooks, standard operating procedures, staff on-boarding programmes) and the harnessing of such grids as a project/workflow management tool. Our core focus is the enterprise-level professional services buyer.
The company was founded in Spring 2018 by four co-founders (who developed the product from its beta foundations in 2016). We now have multiple paying, tier-one paying companies (and a community of “searing advocate” users).
This is a new position created as a function of growth-enabling funding and with the focus on accelerating the development of the solution.
This is a great opportunity to work on and influence the development of an early stage web application with the potential for exciting, future growth.
The candidate must also enjoy working with a great team of co-workers who embody the cultural values of: Team-to-Tribe (highly collaborative), Central Rock (client-centricity), Never Settle (never ending pursuit of excellence coupled with humility to recognise we never get there), Egos at the Door (take our work seriously but not ourselves) and Fast Craft (ruthless speed when it comes to product development).
You will work closely with the CTO, CPO and others in the team, to help accelerate/optimise Method Grid’s development.
Key Objectives/Job Activities
- Deliver new features alongside the development and product teams as per the product roadmap
- Developing the technology strategy in order to ensure Method Grid remains at the leading edge of its application category
- Proactively help to improve code quality and development procedures
- Work on integrating Method Grid into 3rd party applications e.g. Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint, Google Workspace etc
- Support the development of the Method Grid API
Key Competencies Essential
- 5+ years of experience in back end development
- Advanced PHP
- Rigorous about testing and code quality
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Systems administration
- Knowledge of machine learning/AI
- High level of self-motivation and professional autonomy
- Well organised
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work collaboratively with customers and colleagues across various functions
- A passion for your craft
- Willingness for occasional travel (e.g. full team meetings in Bath, UK)
- Strong alignment to our core values https://methodgrid.com/team-values/
- Qualifications in any related field are an advantage
Proposed Start Date ASAP
Applications To apply please email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.