Software Cornwall are looking for someone to help optimise their channels by posting content that is relevant to their audience, to help them find out services and hear more about what the Cornish tech sector is up to. Ultimately, you will help them reach their target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online information.
– Creating and posting engaging content for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook YouTube and Instagram
– Creating and posting blog posts on our website, powered by WordPress
– Sharing news from our community via our website and social media channels
– Reaching out to the Software Cornwall community to ensure we’re promoting their products and services to the wider tech sector
– Creating live social media posts at Software Cornwall events
– Analysing our content to see what works and where we can provide further value to our audience
– Grow our social media following through engaging content.
– Help us develop new and exciting ways to reach our audience
Whilst with us, you will learn:
– To structure blog posts and news articles that are engaging and informative
– To manage multiple social media platforms at the same time using tools like Hootsuite to post content
– To edit website text and post blogs using WordPress as the Content Management System (CMS)
– To work as part of a small team, sometimes in person and sometimes remotely
– To do basic video editing for our YouTube channel
– Create graphics using Canva
– To manage your workload and collaborate with the team using Trello, Miro, GSuite, Slack, Hubspot and other useful tools
Requirements and prospects
– You will need excellent written and communication skills
– You’ll need to have good attention to detail to spot errors and correct them quickly
– Experience using Social Media (multiple platforms)
– Confidence and professionalism, to be willing to use the phone and zoom
– Hybrid working experience would be an advantage
– Personal qualities
– You’ll need enthusiasm
– A positive attitude is a must
– A willingness to learn
– It would help if you’re excited by tech and social media and are enthusiastic about a future in the tech industry
GCSE in English would be an advantage.
This role is suitable for someone who aspires to work in a career that could include (but is obviously not limited to!) marketing, social media, communications, content creation, design, journalism, public relations (PR), market research, website development, search engine optimisation (SEO), events, video editing and other creative roles.
Things to consider
This job may include some time working from home, events and the office at the Fibre Hub, Redruth.
Weekly wage £129.00
Working week Monday to Friday The company can be flexible on the hours worked. This will be discussed.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Expected duration 21 months
Possible start date 04 Jan 2022
Here at Software Cornwall and Agile on the Beach, we’re proud of the work that we and our members do and we love to shout about it on our website and across our social media channels. We’re looking for someone to help us optimise our channels by posting content that is relevant to our audience, to help them find out services and hear more about what the Cornish tech sector is up to.
Ultimately, you will help us reach our target audience by delivering both useful and appealing online information about our company and products.
To apply for this job please visit www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk.