A dynamic health technology provider based in Cornwall.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer on a full-time, permanent basis, to oversee and educate code architecture and develop software to meet functional requirements and agreed standards and specifications within the Agile framework used by LumiraDx.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, you will work closely with other members of the software development team, the Solution Architect, the Software Engineering Manager and the Product Owner. You may also liaise with medical professionals, end users, marketing and customer services teams as necessary.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• To write, test and maintain computer programs and associated documentation to specifications agreed with the Software Engineering Manager
• To liaise with clients, business partners and others in the development and deployment of programs
• To liaise with the Solution Architect to educate and oversee that the development of software solutions are in line with the architectural vision, best practices and principles
• To oversee the development, review and documentation of the code architecture including but not limited to code modelling, interface and API design
• To contribute to the overall technology strategy of the department attending the architectural reviews with the Software Engineering Manager and Solution Architect
• To work with the Solution Architect to ensure that code and solution architectural documentation is created and is kept up to date for LumiraDx Care Solutions
• Contribute to the definition and update of an adequate software development strategy, methodology, procedures and guidelines that can be applied to all products under development
• Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core system and processes, and how those systems and processes interact
• Work with colleagues, customers and business partners to understand and detail user stories and provide estimates for development effort needed
• Work with Product Owners and Test Engineers to define acceptance criteria, ensuring that both functional and non-functional requirements are captured
• Attend/lead document walkthroughs and reviews of project documentation when required from a development perspective
• To work within LumiraDx design and development standards
• Line management responsibility for Software Engineers and Test Engineers
• Participate in team and project process reviews and retrospectives.
Essential Skills/ Experience
• Experience in Visual Studio and/or other IDEs, Source Control, Continuous Integration tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)
• Experience in database design and development (e.g. MS SQL, MySQL)
• Experience in React and/or other similar front-end libraries
• Understanding of the following process and Methodologies: Agile, TDD, BDD, SOLID, Continuous Improvement
• Basic understanding of REST API development
• Awareness of AWS features
• Understanding of information governance, privacy and data security
• Understanding of equality and diversity issues
• Good commercial awareness
• Knowledge of the deployment phase within the overall software development lifecycle
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation
• Strong Planning and decision making skills
• Strong leadership, people management and coaching skills
• An adaptable and flexible approach to work, individuals and groups
• A natural problem solver with a passion for continuous improvement
• Innovative thinking
• A high degree of integrity, confidentiality and commitment
• Strong analytical skills with ability to investigate issues, diagnose root cause and recommend appropriate corrective action
Highly Desirable Skills/ Experience
• Good understanding of API modelling and implementation (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
• Good understanding of UI design and development (e.g. HTML, CSS)
• Good understanding of AWS or other hosting solutions
• Good understanding of OAuth / OpenID
• Understanding of Entity Framework, MVC, TypeScript
• Knowledge of XML
• Knowledge of or experience of working with ISO9001, ISO13485 & ISO27001.
• Understanding of risk management
• Experience within the healthcare industry
To apply for this job please visit lumiradxukaccount.bamboohr.com.