£30-35,000 plus equity in the business
Bude, Cornwall / Remote
Good With is recruiting for a Lead Mobile Application Developer who will work at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary and agile team. Your role, as one of the founding members, will be to develop an engaging, voice-enabled intelligent app for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
Good With has chosen Flutter as the framework choice for beautifully crafted, fluid, high-performance cross-platform mobile application development.
Who are Good With?
Good With is an exciting fintech/edtech startup with a mission to develop engaging mobile applications to educate young adults on personal finance. Using cutting edge voice technology and sophisticated real-time algorithms Good With’s applications will help our 18-24 users make savvy financial decisions and develop a robust credit score.
Our passion is to give all young people access to good financial advice, help them develop their own financial intelligence and enable their finances go further. We are at the start of an exciting product journey and you will play a key role in developing both the products and the business.
The ambition is for the app to become a trusted financial buddy that meets the highest standards in design and experience expected by modern digitally-native consumers.
Who we’re looking for
Good With are looking for an individual who is motivated to develop beautiful, engaging, fluid and high-performance applications. You will thrive on the chance to adapt and develop the mobile app and your own skills in new directions.
You’ll need to have significant experience developing mobile applications that have been successfully adopted by users. Experience working in an agile team, doing iterative software development, continuous build, test and deployment systems, and monitoring user experience is also a must.
We also need you to have worked with a security function to ensure an application is designed to be secure, assessing and mitigating risks and supporting formal security assurance processes.
The mobile application will be communicating with a cloud-hosted platform for data and application logic, so you will be working closely with a server application developer.
You will be able to demonstrate your passion for technology by, for example, contributions to open source projects, personal projects, learning different languages and frameworks, and giving talks and tutorials on mobile application development.
- Flutter framework for mobile application development.
- 3+ years developing mobile applications.
- Mobile and server-side APIs and databases.
- Continuous build and integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Writing and automating unit and UI tests.
- User experience monitoring and analytics.
- Writing clean, readable, sustainable and reusable code.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and optimising performance.
- Developing applications to meet accessibility standards.
- Linux and shell script experience is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
- Happy working in a fast-paced environment
- A degree in a mathematical, scientific or computing subject is desirable.
- Developers with alternative relevant qualifications and applicable technology certifications are encouraged to apply.
The Good Stuff:
- 12 month contract and equity in the business
- This role is likely to become a permanent position for the right developer and a successful product
- You will also gain valuable commercial experience developing applications using Google’s new Flutter framework
- This is also a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the UK’s exciting and growing fintech and edtech sectors
Sounds like you?:
Send us your CV today: firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is part funded for seven months by the England European Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.