Website ICE Ltd
Due to rapid and continued growth ICE is looking to introduce a new position to provide improved IT management of data, systems and support to ensure the smooth running of the business.
This new and influential role will report to the Head of Finance & Commercial servicing ICE and its three Head of Department (HODs) with an efficient, cost effective and measurable IT service that meets the ever-changing business needs, through both personal contribution and that of the IT Services team. Building and maintaining effective business relations both within the organisation and with external partners. Ensuring these are managed to enable effective delivery of ICT services and be a champion for the end customer.
The Nature of the Work
- Provide IT Support services for all systems and local infrastructure
- Develop and deliver an effective IT strategy that supports each of the three Head of Department’s (HOD’s) business objectives and priorities
- Champion IT and the digital economy as an enabler to realising ICE’s business strategy
- Manage the currency of ICE’s IT capabilities and future opportunities through emerging technologies
- Provide manned helpdesk support and response 8am to 5 pm Monday to Friday and outside of those hours as necessary
- Line management responsibility for IT Services staff
- Manage investments within departmental budget, including staff payroll
- Manage the effective delivery of a programme of IT-focused projects
- Through the IT team and 3rd party IT services provider, support employees using laptops, PCs and servers across all sites
- IT Staff – Manage, support, motivate and develop the IT Service team to meet the company requirements, including objective setting, team building, performance appraisals, discipline, morale, recruitment, training requirements etc.
- Helpdesk – Ensure that an adequate helpdesk service is provided which is efficient, cost effective, measured and meets the business needs. Ensuring all Service initiatives map to and adhere to ITIL standard practices.
- Budget – Manage the IT budget, ensuring that all expenditure is approved and within agreed budget, including the budgeting and tracking of capital and revenue expenditure, maintaining a 12-month forecast.
- Policies & Procedures – Design, develop, implement and follow IT policies, strategies and standards to support both the IT team and the business. In particular, work with GDPR data officer to ensure ongoing compliance and develop solutions (working with ISO co-ordinator) to ensure continued ISO 9001 compliance.
- Projects – Ensure IT projects are completed within specification, to satisfactory quality, on time and within budget, with a full and auditable change control process.
- IT Infrastructure – Manage (monitor, support, document and develop) the IT infrastructure (hardware, software, network and services) to provide an appropriate, manageable, cost effective, and reliable solution to meet the business needs, including identification of risk, security issues and disaster recovery.
- Training – Provide formal user-based training when required (usually new employee inductions or after the introduction of new applications). Also provide ‘on job’ training for the support team (skills transfer)
Important Working Relationships:
- Form, build and maintain relationships with internal heads of departments (HODs) and Directors to understand their requirements and to ensure that IT Services provides and sustains a high level of service.
- Work closely with project team members to ensure projects are completed accurately, on time and within budget
- Form, build and maintain the existing relationship with the 3rd party IT services provider
- Form, build and maintain relationships with external suppliers to obtain and implement relevant technologies at competitive prices and with a high level of service
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- People Skills – Experience of managing a small IT team (including performance appraisals and discipline) and managing a helpdesk with emphasis on SLA and customer satisfaction. Able to communicate at all levels within the company and prioritise your work and that of the team to best effect
- Project Management – Able to turn a user requirement into a project specification which can be costed, with business benefit, implemented (on time, within budget and to a satisfactory quality), documented and supported, to fully meet a business requirement
- ERP – The business ERP solution is SAP B1. The role will include identifying and transitioning user support requirements into the IT Service team
- ICE uses Microsoft products for front and back office together with applications from other vendors to meet specific business needs.
- We expect the job holder to have a broad IT knowledge and be a strong trouble shooter / problem solver.
- The job holder should have a depth of knowledge and show technical leadership in a number of the following areas:
- Server Platforms: Virtualisation, Microsoft Windows Server OS. Knowledge of Citrix an advantage.
- Desktop Platforms: Microsoft Windows Desktop OS. MAC OSX
- Network: Design, configuration, management of LAN/WAN to include performance, security and support. Based on IP with and including remote access and firewalls.
- Software Packages: SAP B1, MS Front Office & Back Office applications, Business Applications, CAD, Database, Anti-Virus and Backup.
‘This role is part funded for six months by the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme’
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus company pension
ICE is a long-established recumbent trike manufacturer successfully producing high quality and innovative products to a world-wide customer base built up over 21 years. ICE is a friendly and relaxed company, with a team of passionate and enthusiastic individuals who work hard to put the ‘ICE TRIKE grin’ on the faces of their customers every day. Whilst their market in the UK is relatively small, they sell world-wide to a dealer network reaching from Alaska to New Zealand shipping both standard and highly customized manual and electric trikes daily around the globe.
You’ll find lots of keen cycling enthusiasts alongside people passionate about delivering a world leading innovative product. You’ll often find the ICE crew during their breaks riding (and racing!) their recumbents in the local area and in the woods nearby. ICE has a strong environmental and sustainability ethos, working towards to being carbon neutral early 2021 and becoming a B Corporation, using business as a force for good.
Other Application Details
Click ‘Apply Now’ where you will be redirected to the external Unlocking Potential website to complete application .
Closing date for applications: Sunday 10th January 2021
Interviews are planned for: Monday 18th January 2021
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unlocking-potential.co.uk.