We are seeking a highly-skilled CTO, or similar senior position, with a storied history in the technological sector. You will be tasked with providing support on the company’s overall technology and helping make technology decisions alongside the Chief Information Officer. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective
communicator and an expert in technological development. You will help develop procedures and policies and exploit technology to improve products and services that centre on external customers.
You will help advise on system architecture, ensuring they are developed to industry standards. You will be responsible for reviewing, researching and recommending system and product changes. You will also implement robust technical procedures for development and testing
- Continually reviewing processes for automatic data retrieval, processing and ingestion across a wide range of sources.
- Creating and improving internal tools and monitoring allowing us to more quickly diagnose issues within our stack.
- Facilitate new product features through planning and development at multiple points in the stack. Implementation in and refining testing process and procedures including automated testing and TDD.
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably having a degree in computer science or related experience, A minimum of 5 years of managing product development/engineering teams (as lead
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- History of ‘scaling’ technology, Experience with; big data, cloud architecture, data pipeline architecture, scaling architecture, system monitoring, planning and
developing Cloud architectures, for the running of micro-services and data pipelines.
- Containerisation, Orchestration (e.g Kubernetes), AWS, Jenkins
- Knowledge on best practices for ensuring the robustness of services and service monitoring. Setting up and management of dev-ops. In particular CI/CD pipelines,
documentation, and testing procedures. Including experience with monitoring test coverage of code and test tooling.
- Seniority Level: Senior – Executive
- Working with Chief Information Officer
- Salary £700-900 per day depending on experience.
To apply for this job email your details to Chris@hertzian.co.uk.