Full Stack Developer £45,000 – £50,000
Are you a Full-Stack Developer with experience in Java & React?
We have an amazing opportunity to join a growing agile team working with an innovative Benchmarking and Data Insights company.
Your team will be responsible for the onward development and operation of a new and exciting system in the travel staycation sector. The software has been developed and has active customers and the company is currently raising funding from investors for its next phase of growth in the next few months. This role provides the opportunity to get in on the ground level and be involved in the growth of the team and product ahead of the next phase.
The company has recently won an Innovate UK award to develop its ground breaking sustainability index and integrated management tool. This system will help parts of the travel and tourism sector improve their sustainability as regards People, Planet and Place.
The web portal is increasingly React with some residual legacy AngularJS. The back-end system provides is written in Java in the Spring Boot framework. The backend system contains the business logic and JSON APIs for data input and report generation. The whole service runs in a Docker & Kubernetes microservices environment.
The system has a large data warehousing and storage component so experience in working with large data sets would be desirable. As part of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the product including support & further enhancements.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. You will work closely with the client and product owner as they are actively involved in our team.
Why work for Headforwards?
We are a software development company with just over 100 people from 18 different countries and we like to have fun at work. We are agile with a very laid-back feel, a relatively flat structure and small self-organising teams of 2-7 people. There is no pressure to work extra hours to churn out more and more code. At Headforwards, our culture and environment is dedicated to making people happy at work. This is a place where you can make a difference, work in a small team start-up feel but benefit from the support of a larger community of developers and like-minded people. We work in teams dedicated to various clients and we work on global projects with cutting edge technologies, tools and techniques. We live in beautiful Cornwall and our offices are less than 5 miles from the beach. We want to make sure our people have a good work life balance so that they can enjoy all that Cornwall has to offer 🙂
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Write and maintain clean secure code (duplicates first point)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills both within the team and with clients
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience with relational databases particularly PostgreSQL
- Experience using the Hibernate framework
- Experience of building scalable, rich user interfaces
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests e.g., JUnit, Jest or Cypress
- Experience working in an Agile DevOps team
- Experience with Relational Databases, SQL and ORM
- Experience integrating with and creating RESTful JSON APIs
- Experience using AngularJS which forms the legacy site being rewritten into React
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes in a microservice design pattern
- Experience with Maven and Docker in a CD/CI environment
- CSS pre-processing and post-processing
- Configuring package and bundle managers – NPM, Webpack
- Familiarity with 3rd party data tools like Microsoft Power BI
The closing date for this role is 19th February 2021. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. We reply to all candidates who apply to us, we will always update you on your application!
No recruitment agencies please. We usually try and reply to be polite, but we don’t always have time. So, it is very possible that agencies won’t hear back from us.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.