The role of UI Designer at Evident is a vital element of our process, which creates endless opportunities to impact our team, clients, and partners through creativity and collaboration. We are looking for someone who is excited to push the limits of creativity, alongside our team, on a variety of complex web and native enterprise user-centered applications from concept to launch. You will give true visionary
shape and form to concepts and progressively own the responsibility of product ownership and decision making. This position requires a well-organised, seasoned professional who is patient, flexible, and has the ability to adapt to changing business requirements and priorities.
- You’ll collaborate daily with a multidisciplinary team of Product Designers, UX Designers, Researchers, Strategists, and Engineers
- You’ll ensure final visual design concepts are on-brand, on-budget, and deliver on product strategy goals
- You’ll co-lead ideation sessions, workshops, and presentations with clients online
- You’ll help set the bar for our design core values and help implement our design process
- You’ll produce forward-thinking visual designs that are unique and distinct to the client’s brand
- You’ll sketch, wireframe, style, and present
- You’ll prototype to communicate the “look” and “feel” of a project
- You’ll work alongside Strategists to ensure content strategy and design are perfectly in-sync
- You’ll build cohesive, functional, and scalable design systems
- You’ll continuously iterate your designs to bring unique visual experiences to clients and push the boundaries of creativity
- You’ll give and receive design critique to help constantly refine and push our work
- You’ll work closely with the team and clients, including weekly and daily calls
- You’ll be comfortable with daily communication on Slack and Teams
- You’ll be a forward-thinker with an enthusiasm to create distinct and progressive designs for clients and Evident internal products
- You’ll be able to travel to our offices in Wiltshire and Cornwall for innovation workshops (If remote working)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, the Adobe Suite, InVision, and other industry-standard design tools
- 5+ years of experience in User Interface Design
- Relentless high standards and high attention to detail
- A strong understanding of interaction design principles and prototyping techniques
- You have a portfolio that exemplifies strong visual design, with a clean aesthetic, and a focus on defining the user experience
- You have a strong understanding of typography, layout, colour, grid systems, and advanced design principles
- You’re a conceptual thinker who can translate customer needs, behaviours, and project requirements
- You have experience effectively presenting and communicating your design decisions to clients and team members
- You’re knowledgeable of what’s possible on modern digital platforms coupled with an understanding of platform design standards. (4pt grid systems, etc.)
- You are comfortable working with pre-set design processes and systems
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time while meeting deadlines and project expectations
Nice to haves
- Experience integrating motion into interface design
- The ability to think beyond the static visual and consider the emotive feel the design should provide to the user
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience of using ClickUp project management tool
- An interest or understanding of the development of emerging technologies such as AI and Machine Learning
Evident is a product innovation studio, specialising in human-centered design and technology.
We create captivating digital experiences that resonate with real people, solve great problems, and nurture progressive transformation.
A team of passionate problem solvers, we are seeking a like-minded individual to join us to create seamless digital experiences for all.
Evident was built on friendship, teamwork, and hard work. Working with us you will feel part of the team, part of the culture. We work hard for our clients, and each other, every day. You’ll be asked to do the same; however, we always support and balance that with a culture that encourages your growth and cares about your well-being.
We pride ourselves on maintaining and pushing the highest standards and quality of work. We believe in providing flexibility to enhance people’s creativity and giving people the opportunity to own their role within the team.
Evident is an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate differences. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Paid leave over the festive period
- £500 birthday bonus
- Professional/career development
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Team activities and social events
- Access to monthly and yearly team fitness challenges
- Evident Running Club (Optional)
To apply for this position, please email your CV email@example.com with the
subject line “Senior UI Designer Application”. Please provide as an attachment or link to your design portfolio.
Applications will be reviewed on submission. Job post will be closed on acceptance of a successful candidate.
No agencies please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.