Depending on experience/ability
Full or part time
Based in Truro, Cornwall
Differnet Digital are looking for a WordPress Developer to join our small team to help us create bespoke websites and custom plugins for our range of lovely clients.
At a minimum we’d expect detailed knowledge of PHP and MySQL as well as some half way decent knowledge of jQuery and React.
We wouldn’t necessarily expect you to know WordPress inside and out (although it would be an advantage), but because WordPress is generally all we work with, you’d need to show a willingness to learn and experiment.
The ideal candidate will be keen to build on their current skills by developing custom plugins and working with a technically led team that enjoys a WordPress challenge.
We’re happy to consider anyone for the role, as long as they can demonstrate some of the above (that includes the shy graduates as well as the career changers).
The candidate should have
- Back end experience in PHP and MySQL and an interest to expand on those skills
- A logical approach to problem solving
- The ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical people
- Experience of working on your own initiative
It would be great if you also had these things
- Degree level qualification in web development, computer science, multimedia or similar (don’t let this one put you off if you don’t have this – the boss doesn’t have one)
- Knowledge and experience of WordPress and WooCommerce
- Experience with React
- A good understanding of web standards, online accessibility and browser/platform compatibility
- Some skills with web server management
- A search history filled with searches for “do x WordPress without plugin”
Based in The Health and Wellbeing Innovation Centre in Truro, we’ve developed a reputation for rising to any WordPress challenge.
Being technically led means that we tend to focus on the more complex areas of WordPress development such as developing bespoke themes, deploying e-commerce sites and creating custom plugins to deliver advanced functionality, all with the goal of fast, efficient, secure and well maintained.
We work with designers, consultants and digital marketing experts to create plugins and themes .
We’re really keen on creating a great work/life balance, so flexible working is encouraged.
We steer away from bloated frameworks and pre-built themes, so if this is your area of expertise, this might not be the best role for you.
Supply a CV, covering letter and examples of previous work or a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 2nd October, 2020
(we’re on the look-out for the perfect match for our team, so don’t leave it to the last minute to apply. We’ll be contacting candidates and interviewing as we receive applications)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.