Welcome to Software Cornwall’s event calendar, here you can find out about upcoming educational, networking and conference events being run by our members and the local tech community.
- This event has passed.
INVESTING IN VENTURE CAPITAL VIA EIS AND SEIS WITH A FOCUS ON THE SOUTH WEST OF ENGLAND (FALMOUTH)
Thursday March 9 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Date: 9th March 2023
Time: 8.30am for registration and breakfast. Event is 9am – 10.30am.
Location: Falmouth Launchpad, University, Falmouth, Penryn TR10 9FE
- How the South West is forming into a world-class region for tech;
- Attracting more investment into the South West tech ecosystem;
- Building the investment community in the region;
- The quantifiable benefits of including venture capital in client portfolios;
- Case studies of investment in companies in the South West
The South West is at a critical juncture – at the nexus of gaining the critical mass to be a real player in the global tech scene.
There have been great strides in this recently with more active business angels and even some new funds based in the region. However, there is scope for a tremendous amount more from investors, financial advisers and other shades of wealth managers.
- Simon Tutton, Deepbridge Capital, focusing on a recent white paper from Hardman & Co that quantifies the benefits of including venture capital in client portfolios for all but the lowest risk investors;
- CEO of an example company who is based in the South West and has had funding from both local business angels as well as a regionally focused VC who has major support from advisers in the South West.