Welcome to Software Cornwall’s event calendar, here you can find out about upcoming educational, networking and conference events being run by our members and the local tech community.
- This event has passed.
Data Challenge Cornwall – Realtime Visualisation of Pledge Activity and Trends
Thursday July 22 @ 4:00 pm - 4:45 pm
Crowdfunder is one of the leading, and growing, digital platforms for crowd funding, with a focus on social and community projects.
That business success has led to a significant growth in data about funding campaigns and pledges. That data is not just retrospective – there are now many transactions per minute which could be analysed to provide real-time insights.
The challenge is to develop a real-time visualisation of the activity on the platform that:
* Provides real-time insights into current use of the platform – organised by campaign categories or geographical location, for example.
* Identifies trends and clusters over time.
Join the session to find out more about the richness, scale and velocity of the data that is ripe for analysis, and discuss potential insights that could be useful to both crowdfunder and its users.
There will be time for questions and discussion after the presentation of the challenge.
After this session you can work in a group, or individually, and present your findings at a follow up event.
Data Challenge Cornwall
The idea for Data Challenge Cornwall emerged after it became clear that businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals with expertise and enthusiasm weren’t aware of the open challenges in key sectors in Cornwall – and therefore couldn’t participate in solving them.
The benefits of participating include:
* Opportunities – Joining a challenge gives you the chance to showcase your expertise and your business.
* Learning – Data challenges are an excellent way to learn new and develop existing data science skills.
* Make Friends – Thee Data Challenge series is an opportunity to make friends with others who share your interest in data, technology and Cornwall’s leading industries.
All events are free to attend.
All events are suitable for a general audience that has an interest and some knowledge of data analysis and tools. Students are as welcome as professionals. You don’t need to be an expert, the challenges can be a great opportunity to learn.
All events are online-only due to the coronavirus situation.
Read more about Data Challenge Cornwall 2021 here: https://www.datachallengecornwall.org/