Welcome to Software Cornwall’s event calendar, here you can find out about upcoming educational, networking and conference events being run by our members and the local tech community.
- This event has passed.
Cornwall Innovation Club: Protecting Your Innovation
Thursday February 10 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Join ATI2’s next Cornwall Innovation Club: Protecting your Innovation, where we will discuss and explore the different legal mechanisms which businesses can put in place to protect what’s unique about your business, it’s products, services and innovations.
Refreshments and a continental breakfast will be served from 8:30am, followed by presentations from the following experts:
Dr Matthew Greenwood, Senior Partner at Bryers LLP
Matt has a degree in Biological Sciences from Leicester University and a PhD in Biochemistry/Genetics following a research programme conducted at the National Institute for Medical Research. He began his career at BRYERS in 1997 and, after gaining three years’ specialist experience working in-house for a multi-national packaging company, re-joined the firm. He qualified as a European and UK Patent Attorney in 2003, became a Partner in May 2005 and Senior Partner in 2012.
Throughout his career Matt has developed an enviable breadth of experience in many technical fields, including biotechnology, telecommunications and mechanical engineering. He provides clients with a full range of services, including advice on obtaining, exploiting and enforcing patents, designs and copyright, portfolio management and commercial contracts.
More speakers to be announced…
For all the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.
The Cornwall Innovation Club is a complimentary event delivered by ATI2 and hosted in partnership with Cornwall Chamber of Commerce. ATI2, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), is project led by the University of Plymouth which supports business innovation across Cornwall and Isles of Scilly.
By registering for this fully-funded event you are agreeing to your registration data being stored with ATI2, the University of Plymouth and the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
To ensure our events are accessible to all and to keep everyone safe, ATI2 shall be taking the following precautions:
• Spaces at our events are limited depending on room size, to ensure attendees can maintain social distancing within the venue.
• Doors and windows shall remain open to allow good ventilation.
• Cleaning stations and hand sterilisers will be available at the entrance.
• We politely ask visitors to take a Lateral Flow test 24 hours prior to attending our events.
• Please do not attend if you have a positive test or are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
• To help everyone feel as comfortable as possible, we will be using traffic light indication on name badges for social interaction preferences.
• We also ask you to wear a face mask in public areas, unless you are exempt.
Although we cannot enforce that attendees do the required Lateral Flow testing or wear their face masks, we do hope that everyone will be kind and considerate by joining us in protecting yourself and others that may be more vulnerable. Thank you for your cooperation.